Welcome to the press center for the Maryland Film Festival.
We are now accepting applications for press credentials for the 2022 Maryland Film Festival | In-Person (April 27 – May 1). Please read the guidelines/instructions below and submit your application. The application deadline is midnight, Monday, April 25. Applications will be accepted and approved on a rolling basis. If you have any questions about festival press and/or your application, please email Nicole Atkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following supporting materials should be provided in conjunction with submitting this application:
- A letter from your editor/producer on official company letterhead assigning you to cover the Festival. If you are the editor/producer, this letter may come directly from you. The letter must specify the following information:
- The type and focus of the planned editorial coverage, providing as much detail as possible (interviews, reviews, podcasts, etc.);
- The primary market and target audience of the outlet you will be covering for; and
- The date when the coverage will be published or broadcast (before, during, after, all of the above; please be as specific as possible).
- Recent published/broadcast coverage of a film festival, a film-related story, or an arts/ entertainment story written or produced by you with an attached byline and date (PDFs, audio, and video files acceptable). Minimum one (1), maximum three (3). Returning applicants must submit coverage examples from the 2019 or 2020 Maryland Film Festival.
Press Credentials Policy
The Maryland Film Festival grants, at their discretion, press credentials to active members of the media with an established history of entertainment and film coverage, particularly independent, international or niche market films and an assignment from their affiliated outlet to cover the Festival. Press credentials do not guarantee entry admission to festival screenings. Entry will be granted on an as available basis once priority seating has been given to pass and ticket holders.
Upon submission, applications will be reviewed and responded to on an as-received basis. All applications will receive notification before April 25 of their status.
2022 MdFF Press Credential Application
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I attend 2022 Maryland Film Festival as press?
Please visit the Press Credentials section, read the guidelines/instructions, and then submit an application for press credentials. Applications close on Monday, April 25th at midnight.
How can I sign up to receive news releases?
We do not mail passes. We hold all passes at will call at our festival. Starting on Opening Night, April 27th, you will be able to check-in in person with your photo ID to receive your pass.
How can I cover other year-round Parkway Theatre programs?
If you are interested in covering other Parkway programs, including our film series, incubated film festivals, workshops, or other public events, please email email@example.com.
How can I request an interview with someone at Maryland Film Festival?
Please fill out this form to request an interview with a Maryland Film Festival spokesperson or filmmaker/artist or email Nicole Atkinson at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What films will be screened at the festival?
Festival lineup can be found here and join our email list below to receive all Maryland Film Festival | Virtual updates.