Welcome to the press center for the Maryland Film Festival.
We are now accepting applications for press credentials for the 2020 Maryland Film Festival (April 29 – May 3). Please read the guidelines/instructions below and submit your application. Applications will be accepted and approved on a rolling basis. The final deadline for submitting your application is midnight on Monday, April 20. If you have any questions about festival press and/or your application, please email Leah Frelinghuysen at email@example.com.
The following supporting materials should be provided in conjunction with submitting this application:
- A letter from your editor/producer on official company letterhead assigning you to cover the Festival. If you are the editor/producer, this letter may come directly from you. The letter must specify the following information:
- The type and focus of the planned editorial coverage, providing as much detail as possible (interviews, reviews, podcasts, etc.);
- The primary market and target audience of the outlet you will be covering for; and
- The date when the coverage will be published or broadcast (before, during, after, all of the above; please be as specific as possible).
- Recent published/broadcast coverage of a film festival, a film-related story, or an arts/ entertainment story written or produced by you with an attached byline and date (PDFs, audio, and video files acceptable). Minimum one (1), maximum three (3). Returning applicants must submit coverage examples from the 2019 Maryland Film Festival.
- A photo for your credential (hi-res jpg file preferred, at least 250×250 pixels) labeled as follows: First name.Last name.Name of outlet
Please upload materials to your application or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will not be considered until all supporting material has been received.
Press Credentials Policy
The Maryland Film Festival grants, at their discretion, press credentials to active members of the media with an established history of entertainment and film coverage, particularly independent, international or niche market films and an assignment from their affiliated outlet to cover the Festival. Press credentials do not guarantee entry admission to festival screenings. Entry will be granted on an as available basis once priority seating has been given to pass and ticket holders.
Upon submission, applications will be reviewed and responded to on an as-received basis. All applications will receive notification before April 20 of their status. Each credential includes terms and conditions the applicant agrees to upon accept.
Check back frequently for new releseases and updates.
- The 22nd Annual Maryland Film Festival will take place April 29–May 3rd in the Station North Arts and Entertainment District of Baltimore City. The festival is based out of its year-round home at the historic SNF Parkway Theatre and in screening venues on the Maryland Institute College of Art campus.
- The festival will screen approximately 40 feature films and 100 short films from all over the world—many celebrating their North American and World premieres
- Hundreds of filmmakers connected with audiences in an inclusive, non-competitive atmosphere to celebrate emerging voices from the independent film world.
Check back for photos from the 2020 festival.
2020 MdFF Press Credential Application
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I attend the 2020 Maryland Film Festival as press?
Please visit the Press Credentials section, read the guidelines/instructions, and then submit an application for press credentials. Applications close on Monday, April 20 at midnight.
When and where do I pick up my pass at the festival?
We hold all passes at will call at our festival. On Opening Night, April 29th, you will be able to pick up your pass at the Parkway Theatre with your photo ID. After opening there will be a designated location to pick up festival passes.
After you purchase your pass, you will receive a confirmation email that serves as your receipt and will have all the information you need about when and where to pick up your pass.
How can I sign up to receive news releases?
We do not mail passes. We hold all passes at will call at our festival. Starting on Opening Night, April 29th, you will be able to check-in in person with your photo ID to receive your pass.
How can I cover other year-round Parkway Theatre programs?
If you are interested in covering other Parkway programs, including our film series, incubated film festivals, workshops, or other public events, please email email@example.com.
How can I request an interview with someone at Maryland Film Festival?
Please fill out this form to request an interview with a Maryland Film Festival spokesperson or filmmaker/artist.
What films will be screened at the festival?
Festival lineup announcements are expected to begin around mid-March so join our email list below to receive all Maryland Film Festival updates.
Does my pass get me into everything?
Yes! All screenings, public parties, Opening and Closing night films, panels, special events and the Filmmakers Lounge.