Volunteer for the 21st Annual Maryland Film Festival!
Do you love the Maryland Film Festival? Are you interested in giving your time to help out with MdFF 2019 in exchange for amazing perks? If so, we want you!
The 2019 Maryland Film Festival will take place May 8th-12th at the SNF Parkway, along with MICA campus venues. This year, we will need more volunteers than ever to support filmmakers as well as the diverse, eclectic community of film lovers in Baltimore and throughout Maryland that attend our festival.
Many volunteer opportunities are available: Box Office, Friends of the Festival, Filmmaker/VIP Lounge, Theater Ushers, and more! You will be our front line ambassador, greeting guests from around the world!
REQUIREMENTS: Must enjoy serving the public, and must be committed to fulfilling assigned shifts. All new volunteers must attend one of the following volunteer orientations at the Parkway (5 W. North Avenue):
April 27th from 10:30am-12:00pm
May 4th from 10:30am-12:00pm
AGE REQUIREMENTS: Volunteers under the age of 18 can apply to help out at the festival, but may be excluded from certain positions and must submit a permission form signed by a parent or guardian before volunteering. Volunteers under the age of 18 who wish to apply must be at least 16 years old to participate.
BENEFITS TO VOLUNTEERS: In appreciation for your support, you will receive a limited edition t-shirt and, for each four (4) hour shift worked, earn one voucher that can be used toward a regular priced screening or $5 toward festival merchandise. Water and light snacks will be also available. Volunteers are invited to a free “volunteers only” film screening held shortly after the festival of one of the most popular films of MdFF 2019.
SPREAD THE WORD: Please help us to recruit other committed volunteers. Invite your friends and family, co-workers, fellow students, church members, and others! We can’t have too many volunteers!
HOW TO VOLUNTEER: Volunteers will need to fill out a form to apply to become a volunteer (see below). Volunteer applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
NEW VOLUNTEER APPLICATION:
(Fill out this form if this is your first time volunteering with the MdFF)
RETURNING VOLUNTEER APPLICATION:
(Fill out this form if you’ve volunteered at the MdFF before)
Already submitted your application? Schedule your shifts now by following the instructions below:
Instructions on how to schedule your shifts
The film festival uses an online self-scheduling portal to allow volunteer to choose shifts at the festival. You can access this portal with the information below. The volunteer coordinator has assigned roles based on the preferences on your volunteer application and the needs of the festival. You can return to the portal at any time to view, change your shifts, and print your schedule.
To reach the scheduling site go to the following web address:
USERNAME: Your username to access the scheduling site is the e-mail address you provided in your volunteer application.
PASSWORD: The password is: mdff21
(When you log on to the site, it will ask you to enter in a new password)
If you have any questions or would like us to help you schedule a shift directly, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 410-752-8083.
Have trouble scheduling? Detailed Instructions for logging on to the site and scheduling a shift are below.
- Go to https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/?FROM=141015
- For the username, enter the e-mail address you submitted on your volunteer application. For your password, use the password “mdff21” or click on the “forgot your password?” link.
- Click on “My schedule” or “Choose Shifts” to choose shifts. You will be taken to a view of a calendar. Make sure you are on the month of May to view available shifts at the festival.
- You can either see all the shifts for any volunteer assignments you’ve been assigned for, or choose shifts in a particular assignment by choosing from the scroll down menu in the blue rectangle near the top of the schedule page. Remember that the festival has many sites this year, so keep in mind the area or venue you are scheduling.
- You can see available shifts by clicking on any of the days with “Help Wanted” icons in the calendar. Make sure you go to the May calendar to view festival shifts.
- After you click on a “Help Wanted” icon, you will see a list of available shifts you can choose. Click on “Schedule me” to choose a shift.
- A confirmation page will appear next. Click on Yes or No at the bottom to confirm or take yourself off the shift.
- You will see the shift you chose on the next page. Click continue to return to the calendar view.
When you come back to the calendar, you will see the shift you chose listed on the calendar.
- You can see a printable version of the schedule you’ve chosen by clicking on “printable view” near the bottom of the page.
- To return to the calendar and choose more shifts, click “continue” on the bottom of the page or on “My Schedule.”
- To leave the MFF Volunteer Scheduling Site, click “Exit” on the bottom of the page. To return to the scheduling site, you will need to go back to the original address given in the e-mail or going to the volunteer page of the website at www.mdfilmfest.com/festival/volunteer. You can come back at any time to view your schedule.
To remove yourself from a shift, click on “Check schedule” or “My schedule”. Click on any of the days with a shift listed. A list of shifts will appear. Click on “remove me” to remove yourself from the shift. You will be able to remove yourself up to 5 days before your shift. After that, you will need to contact the volunteer coordinator at email@example.com or 410-752-8083.
QUESTIONS? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact the MdFF office at 410-752-8083