The Maryland Film Festival (MdFF) is pleased to present a Latin American Visionary Cinema series in celebration of National Hispanic Heritage Month. Made possible through the generous support of PNC Bank, MdFF will honor the rich and diverse culture of filmmaking in the Latin American community by bringing twelve influential films to the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Parkway (SNF Parkway) from Sept. 16 to Oct. 15.
The SNF Parkway’s Hispanic Heritage Month programming will include:
- Club Sandwich (Fernando Eimbcke, Mexico)
- Cold Water of the Sea (Paz Fábrega. Costa Rica)
- Embrace of the Serpent (Ciro Guerra, Colombia/Venezuela/Argentina)
- Gigante (Adrían Biniez, Uruguay)
- Here Comes the Devil (Adrian Garcia Bogliano, Mexico)
- Ixcanul (Jayro Bustamante, Guatemala)
- Jauja (Lisandro Alonso, Argentina)
- Kings of Nowhere (Betzabé García, Mexico)
- Neighboring Sounds (Kleber Mendonça Filho, Brazil)
- Nostalgia for the Light (Patricio Guzmán, Chile)
- Post Tenebras Lux (Carlos Reygadas, Mexico)
- Venice (Enrique Álvarez, Cuba)
Visit each film title for descriptions and information. Tickets are $8 for members and $10 regular admission.